BTA Health insurance in your smartphone
Now you need just a mobile phone anywhere you would like to use your Health insurance
Frequently asked questions
- We ensure an individual approach to each customer offering the health insurance policy protection based on the needs and possibilities of a particular company;
- We offer the most extensive health insurance policy use possibilities, i.e. we have the largest number of contractual medical institutions in Latvia;
- We ensure convenient claim submission and fast indemnity disbursement when medical services have to be paid from personal funds;
- By acquiring health insurance policies for employees, your employer can use tax relief.
BTA offers a vast array of opportunities of the use of the health insurance policies. To learn at which institutions you can receive the services included in your health insurance card without paying from your own funds or paying partly with your own funds, use the list of contractual institutions form.
The validity territory of the health insurance card is the Baltic states.
Remember! The health insurance card does not cover medical treatment or emergency medical aid expenses in foreign countries. If you go abroad and want to protect yourself from unexpected expenses for medical services abroad due to sudden illness or injuries, before you leave the Baltic states we recommend that you acquire BTA travel insurance.
- Before you go to a medical institution, we recommend carefully reading the information about the insurance terms and conditions in the health insurance programme description that has been issued together with the health insurance card.
- The health insurance card ensures the option to receive partially or completely compensated medical services in the BTA contractual institutions: outpatient and inpatient medical institutions, as well as pharmacies, gym, optical stores, etc., if additional programmes (the list of contractual institutions is available below in section “Where you can use the BTA health insurance policy or the list of contractual institutions”) are included in the card.
- Before receiving services at BTA contractual institutions, make sure to present the health insurance card and an ID document (passport or ID card).
- When receiving services at BTA non-contractual institutions, or on occasions when the service compensation is not included in the list of compensated services of a particular BTA contractual institution, first you have to pay from your own funds, then, after receiving the service, you have to submit the documents required to receive the indemnity from us.
To receive the indemnity for the used services for which you have paid from your own funds, you must submit the following documents immediately, as soon as possible, but not later than within 90 (ninety) days after receiving the service:
- the insurance claim hat can be found on the BTA website or received at the nearest BTA Customer Service Centre,
- the document confirming the necessity of the medical service, for instance, the extract from the outpatient or inpatient card, doctor’s referral to the examination, medicaments prescription, etc.,
- a copy of the payment document (receipt, invoice, etc.) which must include the following information: your name, surname and personal identity number, the received service description, its quantity, price and the date, details of the service provider.
The original copies of the payment documents leave for yourself, they must be only submitted upon our request.
These documents can be submitted to use in the following ways:
- BTA mobile application: for Apple and Android smartphones.
Take quick and convenient photos of invoices, claim and receive your indemnity immediately! If required, your claim will be handled manually and indemnity will be paid within two business days;
- My BTA: the Insured person shall send insurance indemnity application claim and scanned documents related to the receipt of the service, following the requirements provided by BTA.
Within 2 business days as of the moment of receipt of all necessary documents, BTA shall either disburse the insurance indemnity or notify the Insured person about a refusal to grant the insurance indemnity in full or in part. The insurance indemnity shall be transferred to the Insured person’s current banking account as indicated by the latter;
- submitting at the nearest BTA Customer Service Centre.
Health Insurance Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions No 3.3. (the reading valid for the policies issued from 10.09.2019)
Terms and Conditions No 3.2. (in latvian) (the reading valid for the policies issued from 01.12.2015)
General insurance terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions No 4 (version applicable to policies issued after 18.03.2019)
Terms and Conditions No 3 (version applicable to policies issued after 13.12.2011)
We'll get in touch with you!
Fill in the application and we will contact you on the desired topic.
* Fields with an asterisk are required.
I would like to receive personal offers and marketing information by e-mail.
I confirm that I have read the Protection Of Privacy In BTA.