To avoid paying for the services included in your health insurance card from personal funds, visit BTA contractual institutions.
To receive the indemnity for the used services for which you have paid from your own funds, you must submit the following documents immediately, as soon as possible, but not later than within 90 (ninety) days after receiving the service:
- the insurance claim hat can be found on the BTA website or received at the nearest BTA Customer Service Centre,
- the document confirming the necessity of the medical service, for instance, the extract from the outpatient or inpatient card, doctor’s referral to the examination, medicaments prescription, etc.,
- a copy of the payment document (receipt, invoice, etc.) which must include the following information:
The original copies of the payment documents leave for yourself, they must be only submitted upon our request.
- your name, surname and personal identity number,
- the received service description, its quantity, price and the date,
- details of the service provider.
These documents can be submitted to use in the following ways:
- By e-mailing a scanned copy to BTA Customer Portal: https://portals.bta.lv/en/
In that case:
The Insured person shall send insurance indemnity application claim and scanned documents related to the receipt of the service, following the requirements provided by BTA.
Within 2 business days as of the moment of receipt of all necessary documents, BTA shall either disburse the insurance indemnity or notify the Insured person about a refusal to grant the insurance indemnity in full or in part. The insurance indemnity shall be transferred to the Insured person’s current banking account as indicated by the latter.
- download the health insurance claim form that can be found on the BTA website www.bta.lv, fill it in and send it together with the scanned or photographed payment documents and the documents confirming the necessity of the medical services to us by using the form that can be found in the BTA website section “Claims” > Health Insurance;
- you can also send the aforementioned documents via e-mail address email@example.com;
- sending via mail to the address: Sporta iela 11, Riga, LV-1013 with the note - BTA Insurance Claims Handling Department;
- submitting at the nearest BTA Customer Service Centre.
In case BTA Health Insurance has partially covered the bills you have submitted in previous years, you may specify the uncovered part in the annual income statement for the State Revenue Service as eligible expenses to get a refund of the overpaid personal income tax. In case you need evidence to support that from BTA regarding partially or fully paid bills, you are welcome to send your request to this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying:
- your name and surname;
- personal number;
- the year that you need information about;
- mobile phone number;
- e-mail address, where the statement could be sent to, in case it differs from the e-mail address from which the statement has been requested.
The statement will be produced within a month’s time since the request receipt day and sent by secure means to you:
- to the indicated e- mail address, where you will receive an internet link to the location where the statement is stored;
- this link is protected by a safety password, so that no third parties could access your data;
- you will receive the password in an SMS sent to the phone number specified in the request.
Shuould you have any questions, you are welcome to contact BTA Customer Support Service.
In case you prefer to submit an electronic insurance claim form to us by attaching it to the claim application form or e-mail, make sure you save it to your computer by all means prior to filling in.
|Health insurance claim form