BTA Baltic Insurance Company AAS (BTA) has launched the most convenient and comprehensive mobile application to apply for and receive Health insurance services in the Baltic States, thus proceeding with the development of its strategic priorities – innovations and people.
“Health insurance application is the most significant news that we have brought to our customers. BTA is one of the digital pioneers in the insurance field. As we have studied and taken into account the needs of our customers, it is just a logical consequence that now we offer our Health insurance card in a digital form – as BTA application. It makes checking the granted insurance policy’s limits very simple and making insurance claims in no time. Simplicity, speed and the choice of options is what makes the solution of BTA’s application to stand out among the competition in the insurance market. Moreover, a person may download it to its mobile phone free of charge and log on it by means of the modern biometric authentication solutions – face or fingerprint recognition tools,” emphasizes Oskars Hartmanis, Deputy Chairman of BTA Management Board.
BTA mobile phone application can be downloaded via AppStore and Google Play applications, as well as by clicking the link veseliba.bta.lv
“Speaking of the year 2020, one of the challenges is to proceed with implementation of online innovations, which includes making mobile solutions more comfortable to use and yet easier accessible. As we have observed, in cases, when an insurance product is simple and intuitive, such as Travel insurance, customers tend to make decisions on their own, by studying information available on BTA’s website or at BTA Customer Portal, and prefer purchasing them online. Whereas in the case of more complex insurance product for a larger premium, they prefer contacting our specialists in person.
A similar is the trend with claims – customers highly appreciate the option of having claims handled online and within a very short period of time. Within past years, we have focused and done a lot of work on automation of processes to reduce the claims handling time, and at present, as much as one fourth of decisions are made within 24 hours since the customer has made a claim. Worth noting that 96% of Health insurance claims at present already are made online. This also is a stimulus for us to look yet further and work harder on the development of BTA online solutions,” emphasizes O.Hartmanis.
BTA Health insurance has a number of advantages.
- Electronic card. Electronic card is a mobile solution that ensures that BTA insurance card always is with the customer. When visiting a contractual institution, from now on, it is enough to present your Health insurance card from BTA Latvia application.
- Biometric authentication. The new application offers the most convenient means of authentication – by facial features recognition (Face ID) and fingerprint recognition (Touch ID) solutions. At the first time of application’s use, you will be required to use your internet bank user account to authenticate, after that you may choose the authentication means that best suits you.
- Fast claims submission. It requires less than 21 second to submit a claim. All you need is to take a picture of the documents and submit via the mobile application, all the rest will be taken care by BTA employees.
- Insurance limits can be viewed by a single click. Viewing your Health insurance card’s used and paid-for services, their limits and remaining amounts is fast and easy.
- Claim status. You can keep track of your claim’s handling status in the application, as well as to easily add additional documents. As soon as the claim is handled, you receive information in an SMS on your mobile phone.
A curious fact that 2019 has been the first year that the number of searches for information about BTA services from mobile devices has exceeded the frequency of searches from computer. Last year, the major part or 27% of gross premiums written by BTA Latvia was in Health insurance line with 22.1 million euros, which is by 7% more than in 2018.
BTA Baltic Insurance Company is one of the leading insurance companies in the Baltics, offering the broadest range of non-life insurance services in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. BTA employs more than 1,000 employees in the Baltics. The largest shareholder of BTA is Vienna Insurance Group AG with close to 200 years of experience in the insurance business. With about 50 companies in 25 countries and more than 25,000 employees, Vienna Insurance Group is a clear market leader in its CEE markets. Vienna Insurance Group is the best-rated company of ATX, the leading index of Vienna Stock Exchange with a rating of A+ with stable outlook from Standard & Poor’s; its share is also listed on the Prague Stock Exchange.
Marketing and Public Relations Department Director
BTA Baltic Insurance Company AAS