If you are an owner of a motorboat, yacht, or any other recreational craft, and want to enjoy your free time without worrying about any possible unexpected expenses, which might arise as a result of the recreational craft being involved in an accident or creating any unexpected problems, insure it. We offer the widest range of recreational craft insurance services in the Baltics!
Recreational craft insurance, similar to CASCO insurance of your vehicle, provides insurance protection and protects from considerable losses in different unexpected situations and events.
Insurance protection includes risks envisaging protection when using recreational craft in the water, launching it, taking it out of the water, transporting it on a trailer, as well as when it is moored to a berth.
Any recreational craft registered with the relevant register in compliance with laws and regulations of the relevant country may be insured. Recreational craft in Latvia must be registered with the registers maintained by the Road Safety Traffic Directorate or the Maritime Administration of Latvia.
We offer to insure all types of registered recreational craft:
In addition, we also offer insurance protection coverage for the following situation and events:
The validity territory of the recreational craft insurance policy is the territory of the Republic of Latvia, inland waters of the Republic of Latvia, and territorial sea of the Republic of Latvia. We also offer wider validity territory of insurance protection, if necessary.
A recreational craft insurance policy may be purchased for the insurance period starting from three months to one year.
A recreational craft insurance policy may be purchased in one of the following manners:
In case of an accident act as follows:
1. To conduct rescue operations, as well as to record circumstances and cause of the accident, immediately contact the appropriate emergency service or institution:
2. Try to do anything possible to save the insurance objects and prevent further damages to the extent possible without endangering yourself.
3. Try to preserve the site untouched to the extent possible preserving remains of the damaged insurance object.
4. Contact BTA Customer Support Service at (+371) 26 12 12 12 as soon as possible in order to receive instructions for further actions, as well as to claim the insured event.
|General insurance terms and conditions|
|Terms and Conditions No 3
(the wording applies to policies issued starting from 13.12.2011)
|Terms and Conditions No 2
(the wording applies to policies issued starting from 07.06.2011)
* You can open digitally signed documents *.edoc, using the template on website eparaksts.lv. Before checking the necessary document, save it on your computer (we recommend using Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera browsers).