Register a claim
Frequently asked questions
If you have BTA MTPL policy, Green Card or Frontier Insurance contract and you have suffered losses because of another participant of the traffic, then to file the insurance claim you must contact the insurance company that has issued MTPL policy to the owner of the vehicle who has caused the traffic accident. If you have suffered losses in a traffic accident caused by a vehicle owner that has BTA MTPL policy, Green Card or Frontier Insurance contract, you can file the insurance claim in the way you prefer.
In case of an accident, if you have the BTA CASCO, Economy CASCO or CASCO Potholes policy, you can file the insurance claim in the most suitable way for you, choosing from the available ways:
1. By completing the application form above on the BTA home page.
After receipt of your application, we will contact you to request detailed information about the accident, register the insured event, and inform you about the further course of claim examination. If you attach a completed insurance claim application form, during the phone conversation we will only clarify the unclear questions.
2. By calling BTA Customer Support Service at (+371) 26 12 12 12.
In case you fail to contact BTA Customer Support Service or do not wish to wait for connection with BTA Customer Support Service, complete the form “Apply for a call” on the BTA home page, and a BTA specialist will call you at your preferred time.
3. By sending information about the accident to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide general information about the accident and indicate your contact information, so we can contact you. A completed insurance claim application form, the coordinated accident statement, if it has been completed after the traffic accident, photos and other documents related to the accident may be attached so that we could only clarify the unclear questions during the phone conversation.
4. By visiting any nearest BTA Customer Service Centre in person.
5. Contact your insurance agent, broker.
In case you prefer to submit an electronic insurance claim form to us by attaching it to the claim application form or e-mail, make sure you save it to your computer by all means prior to filling in.
MTPL explanatory note of the traffic accident (filled out by the responsible person if the coordinated statement has been filled out)
Application for receipt of indemnity for losses caused to an individual (the injured party)
In case of a traffic accident, act as follows:
1. If someone is injured in the accident,
To the extent possible, give first aid to the injured person, but immediately contact the State Emergency Medical Service by calling 113 or 03.
Contact he traffic police by calling 110 or 02;
2. If nobody has been injured in the traffic accident and only two vehicles are involved in the accident, and both drivers can come to an agreement over the conditions of the traffic accident, no damage has been done to third party’s property and the vehicles do not have such damage that forbids to drive them, fill out the coordinated accident statement. You must keep a copy of the completed coordinated accident statement so that you could submit it to us.
3. If there are other conditions that do not allow to fill out the coordinated accident statement, for example, in case three vehicles are involved, calling the traffic police at 110 or 02 is obligatory.
4. For the clarification of the circumstances of a traffic accident photos can be useful as well so, if possible, take photos of the vehicles right after the accident, without changing their location, and, if possible, record the contacts of the eyewitnesses.
5. Contact BTA Customer Support Service at (+371) 26 12 12 12 as soon as possible in order to inform about the traffic accident, receive instructions for further actions, as well as to claim the insured event.
In case of vehicle theft or other illegal activities of third parties, for example, stolen mirrors of a vehicle, do as follows:
1. Contact the traffic police by calling 110 or 02;
2. Contact BTA Customer Support Service at (+371) 26 12 12 12 as soon as possible in order to inform about the fact of theft, receive instructions for further actions, as well as to claim the insured event.
In case of other misfortune or if you need help on the road, contact BTA Customer Support Service at (+371) 26 12 12 12 as soon as possible in order to inform about the accident, receive instructions for further actions, as well as to claim the insured event.
Taking care of customers’ convenience, we provide expedited compensation proceedings and decision-making. If in case of an accident your vehicle will have only small damages, for example, a broken or cracked windshield, the decision for insurance claim will be made during the phone conversation or on the same or the next day after receiving the insurance claim notification. Arranging the receipt of the claim during the phone conversation in the form of repair work at a service suggested by us, you will be able to immediately go to the service and carry out the necessary repair work. When you call BTA Customer Support Service at (+371) 26 12 12 12 and file the insurance claim, we will inform you if any additional documents or photos will be necessary.
Each month this year in almost 50% of the cases, when receiving the claim application for CASCO cases, the decision for insurance claim has been made on the same or the next day.