In case of an accident you can file the insurance claim in the most suitable way for you, choosing from the available ways:
- By completing the application form above on the BTA home page. After receipt of your application, we will contact you to request detailed information about the accident, register the insured event, and inform you about the further course of claim examination. If you attach a completed insurance indemnity application form, during the phone conversation we will only clarify the unclear questions.
- By calling BTA Customer Support Service at (+371) 26 12 12 12.
- In case you want to receive the phone call at a time convenient for you, complete the form “Apply for a call” on the BTA website, and a BTA specialist will call you.
- By sending information about the accident to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide general information about the accident and indicate your contact information, so we can contact you. A completed insurance claim application form, copies of documents that verify written complaints received from another person and the losses may be attached so that we could only clarify the unclear questions during the phone conversation.
- By visiting any nearest BTA Customer Service Centre in person.
- Contact your insurance agent, broker.
In case of a traffic accident, act as follows:
- If someone is injured in the accident,
- To the extent possible, give first aid to the injured person, but immediately contact the State Emergency Medical Service by calling 113 or 03.
- Contact he traffic police by calling 110 or 02;
- If nobody has been injured in the traffic accident and only two vehicles are involved in the accident, and both drivers can come to an agreement over the conditions of the traffic accident, no damage has been done to third party’s property and the vehicles do not have such damage that forbids to drive them, fill out the coordinated accident statement. You will find more information on the completion of the coordinated accident statement as well as a short video here. You must keep a copy of the completed coordinated accident statement so that you could submit it to us.
- If there are other conditions that do not allow to fill out the coordinated accident statement, for example, in case three vehicles are involved, calling the traffic police at 110 or 02 is obligatory.
- For the clarification of the circumstances of a traffic accident photos can be useful as well so, if possible, take photos of the vehicles right after the accident, without changing their location, and, if possible, record the contacts of the eyewitnesses.
- Contact BTA Customer Support Service at (+371) 26 12 12 12 as soon as possible in order to inform about the traffic accident, receive instructions for further actions, as well as to claim the insured event.
In case of theft or other illegal activities of third parties, do as follows:
- Contact the traffic police by calling 110 or 02;
- Contact BTA Customer Support Service at (+371) 26 12 12 12 as soon as possible in order to inform about the fact of theft, receive instructions for further actions, as well as to claim the insured event.
In case of other misfortune contact BTA Customer Support Service at (+371) 26 12 12 12 as soon as possible in order to inform about the accident, receive instructions for further actions, as well as to claim the insured event.
In case you prefer to submit an electronic insurance claim form to us by attaching it to the claim application form or e-mail, make sure you save it to your computer by all means prior to filling in.