In case of accident, you can apply for insurance indemnity by choosing one of the following possible ways.
- By filling in the ONLINE application form on the website of BTA. Upon receipt of the application, we will contact you in order to obtain precise information in case of necessity and to inform you about the process of examination of the case.
- By filling in the above mentioned application form on the website of BTA. Upon receipt of the application, we will contact you in order to obtain precise information about the accident and inform you about the process of examination of the case. If you add a completed indemnity application form [saite uz veidlapu], during a telephone conversation we will obtain answers to all our questions.
- By calling the BTA’s Customer Support Service (telephone number: 26 12 12 12).
- In case the telephone line of the BTA’s Customer Support Service is busy or you do not want to wait for the connection with the BTA’s Customer Support Service, you may submit the form “Apply for a Call” on the website of BTA and a representative of BTA will call you as soon as possible.
- When transmitting information about a case of insurance to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, please provide brief information about the case of insurance and your contact information. You can attach a completed insurance claim application form to your e-mail, so we can clarify all arising issues during a telephone conversation.
- By visiting the closest BTA’s Customer Support Service.
- By contacting with your insurance agent, broker.
If while in Latvia you suffer from some health problems, including acute toothache, sustain injury or any other accident related to health problems occurs, do the following:
- receive medical aid at any medical institution registered in the Register of Medical Treatment Institutions of the Republic of Latvia or certified medical practitioner;
- in emergency cases, call the emergency medical assistance by calling 113 or 03; In both aforementioned cases, after receiving the medical aid, make sure you keep the payment documents (receipts, invoices) and other documents required to receive the insurance indemnity: a certification issued by the medical institution or an extract specifying the diagnosis. If you incur transportation expenses when going to the nearest medical institution, make sure you keep the payment documents (receipts, invoices) that include the information for what the payment is made.
- As soon as possible, submit the insurance claim so you can receive the insurance indemnity.
In all other cases related to the insurance protection specified in the policy and expenses related thereto, do the following:
- Call the BTA travel assistance hotline:
- (+371) 27 81 89 99
- (+371) 22 00 22 64
or BTA Customer Support Service 26 6 12 12 12.
- We will promptly provide assistance and consultations on what to do next in the current situation. If necessary, our employees will help to arrange formalities related to medical institutions, give a written medical service compensation guarantee, so that you would not have to spend personal funds, and will help to settle various other issues.
Use BTA mobile application!
By using BTA mobile application in your smartphone, our contacts will always be within reach. Upon occurrence of an accident, with the help of the application, you will be able to contact us so that we could inform you of further activities and, if needed, you will be able to send us photos, including payment document photos, in a convenient way.
In case you prefer to submit an electronic insurance claim form to us by attaching it to the claim application form or e-mail, make sure you save it to your computer by all means prior to filling in.